In order to be eligible for geared-to-income housing, applicants and tenant/members must meet the following criteria:
- The household has lived in the co-op at least five (5) years.
- At least one member of the household is 16 years old or older and is able to live independently with or without support services.
- Each member of the household is a Canadian citizen, or has applied for permanent resident status or made a claim for refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ( Canada).
- No enforceable removal order under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) has been made against any member of the household.
- No member of the household owes money to a previous social housing provider unless a repayment agreement is in place.